BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Filipinos can't break an egg? Try a Manny Pacquiao left straight!



"Back then I couldn't get a manager I couldn't get a manager because of the fact that I was Filipino. I tried to call managers out there to sign me but they always say 'hey you know, I'm sorry, I like you kid but you know, you're not Mexican or you're not Latino so we can't really do nothing about it and that's why I'm really into this Pinoy Power. It gives an opportunity for Filipino fighters and for the Philippines to be recognized the way it is now and just keep going. So far we're in the right track. Before when I started, Filipinos were made fun of. They said Filipinos can't break an egg or a tomato and stuff like that."

-excerpt from Dennis "dSource" Guillermo's interview with the Filipino Flash Nonito Donaire.

******************
By Ronsouthpaw

When you realize that Filipino boxers had been treated this way, you will appreciate more what Manny Pacquiao did to uplift the image of Filipinos around the world.


Americans, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans (among others) have all started to recognize what Filipinos are made of. All thanks to the reigning Pound-for-Pound King!

We now have Nonito Donaire, Brian Villoria, among others, who are making names in World boxing landscape.

The least we can do is support our countrymen in their quest for world boxing domination.

Let's continue what the Pacman has started.

0 comments: